Writing cross-platform programs can be a pain on anyone's bottom. Autotools can help you with this, though. Unfortunately, it is difficult to find good tutorials on the subject. I hope this tutorial can change all that.
This tutorial isn't a comprehensive tutorial on the subject. Instead, I designed it to help you jump-start your learning of the subject. After this tutorial, you should be able to read other tutorials and documents easier.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 — Autotools introduction
- Chapter 2 — Let's add Autoconf to “Hello, world!”
- Chapter 3 — Let's make "Hello, world!" portable
- Chapter 4 — Let's add Automake to our program
- Chapter 5 — Autotools tutorial summary
- Appendix A — Autotools resources list
- 2003.05.26 Release 0.1 — Preview release.
- 2003.05.27 Release 1 — First official release.
- 2008.04.27 — Ported to Wiki
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.